Wednesday, April 4, 2007

In the eyes of Others


Why is it that so many people actually care about what others think of them? Does it make a difference? When it comes down to it, isn't it what you feel about yourself that is most important? And yet we have all at one time or another cared about how others see us and perceive us. I have since become tired of it and have chosen to only care about what a select few think of me. Those few know me and they know who I am and what I'm about. Those that don't and have an opinion of me shouldn't matter. I know it's hard to deal with, other people saying things that aren't true, people having there opinions about you as a person, but come on.. they don't really know you now do they? They don't know the inner workings that are you or even what your about. So of course they are going to form there own opinion because they are not special enough to try and get to know you before the judge who you are. Each person is unique and should not be judged until you have gotten to know them.

I wonder if we all took up the idea that we should get to know someone before we say things about them if the drama would end? Well probably not lol but the fact is at least we would have backup to say what we do about others. Instead of the a conversation going "did you hear about this person doing this" *other person* "no way how do you know" *1st person again* "on well such and such told me" gee there's a lot of information there O.o

That brings up another thing though.. If someone says something and yes they are right but you get ticked off about it, then what does that say about you? If it's true but you don't like it, then change that about yourself.. Yes change is hard, Everyone knows that! But obviously you don't like it or else you wouldn't get upset about it.. So change it and make yourself a better person! If you like that about yourself then you wouldn't get so bent now would you?.. Hmmm

Just some food for thought. Those that do know you won't listen, and those that don't, won't care.

1 comment:

Nex Brannan said...

I can't believe I hadn't found you ladies before this. Keep it up!

***Lurking in the shadows***