Tuesday, July 8, 2008

You find the weirdest stuff at Yard Sales

I've been racking my brains for a couple of days now trying to think of something interesting and thought provoking to write about and while walking around a yard sale today it suddenly hit me. Well maybe actually I hit it. I walked head first into a fighter plane. Ok... nobody ever said I was graceful. Anyhoo.. it got me thinking, a dangerous proposition, not only can you find some really cool stuff, but there is some weird ass shit in yard sales.

The first yard sale I went to is AJ Industries Resale Outlet. This is a really cool, full sim yardsale where they buy items from people either individually or in lots and as the name says "resell" it. They have a lot of fantastic items at really great prices there, but also... some stuff that just makes you say "huh???" Here is a list of just a few that caught my eye.

Modern living room sofa and matching chair in chrome and the hottest pink I have ever seen in my life... The kind of pink that makes you see funny colors even after you look away. I'm dyin' to know what the designer was thinkin here.

A bedroom set complete with sex animation bed, blanket trunk, 5 drawer dresser and wall art all covered the aforementioned pink. But not just plain old pink, nuuuu. Friggin PINK BUNNY HEADS!!! This ensemble would make even Heff cringe. A word to the wise, a setup like this and you will be destined to be single forevah!

A totem pole. Ok if you don't have one of these, now is your chance.

Tons of baby furniture including a matching set of his and hers cribs and changing tables... Um, ok... first of all SL babies don't ummmm poopoo... so why the changing tables? Second of all, SL babies don't grow, so they couldn't have outgrown their beds. What happened to the kids? Inquiring minds wanna know. Did they crawl away from home or did Mom and Dad just lose interest now that they don't have that annoying tummy talker squalking to everyone within shouting distance "Hey Lookie Me! Im Preggers!"?

A Not So Fresh baked cherry pie! Who cares how long its been sitting around! Its pie for cryin out loud! Gimme a fork! What no forks??? Well there was a copper spatula sitting right next to it.. when you're in a pinch...

A Kitchen sink. Yes this place has so much stuff that they even have the kitchen sink

And finally... this is one I couldn't believe when I saw it. A bridge! Not a cute little oriental decoration type bridge, you know the ones with the rock garden and banzai trees... but a Sir Lancelot riding his horse over the moat big damn bridge! Just exactly does something like this end up in a yard sale??? And where the frig is the castle?


My second outing led me to Fehlzgud Shopping mall. A yard sale dedicated to SL designers. Some of the items here on the pricier side, but if you're looking for a unique piece of art for your house, its definitely a place to check out. There is some awesomely cool stuff here and some stuff that had me laughing so hard I nearly wet myself.

The first things I stumbled across were the largest grasshopper and scorpion I have ever seen in my life.. what you would do with these I dunno.. maybe hide one in your bed to scare the crap out of your significant other?

I also found a good old fashioned flying saucer type spaceship that you can actually ride in. Not to pricey, but I have no clue where to go flying saucer flying. Is there an SL club for that? And right next to it, a hot air balloon. Now I thought that looked like fun, just for bopping around my island in, but I'm sure my tenant who has a sky box at 600 feet wouldn't appreciate me hovering around outside his windows. O.O

And the strangest thing I found...

Yes this is a toilet with an aquarium in the tank. Complete with fish.

I nearly died when I saw this and thought it was so hilarious I had to show my hubby stupidly thinking he would think it was the most ridiculous thing he had ever seen.

It wasn't. He thought it was WAY COOL!?!?!?!

We now own a toilet with an aquarium in the tank... that will teach me.


Have some fun and check these yard sales out. You may find something your SL life just wouldn't be complete without!

AJ Industries: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Yard%20Sale/130/132/502
Fehlzgud Mall: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sammamish/243/111/148

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

I'll have to see where you guys put the aquarium toilet. ;-)